help me get excited about python 3

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:40:29 EST 2012

On Jan 4, 9:56 am, Sean Wolfe <ether.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still living in the 2.x world because all the things I want to do
> right now in python are in 2 (django, pygame). But I want to be
> excited about the future of the language.

Okay. So why not enjoy the best of both worlds (almost) and use
version 2.7.2 along with "from __future__ import EVERYTHING".

Your best course of action would be to write all code that can be
written in Python 3000 IN Python 3000. If you must use Python 2.x
because of dependencies, well then, you must.