windows and home path

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:09:31 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Jerry Hill <malaclypse2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, my guess is that emacs is mangling your HOME environment variable.
>  That appears to be confirmed by the emacs documentation here:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/General-Variables.html#General-Variables

I know, it's bad form to follow up to my own email, but here's a more
concrete reference stating that emacs will set HOME  when emacs
starts: http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Windows-HOME.html

"[Wherever Emacs finds your .emacs file], Emacs sets the value of the
HOME environment variable to point to it, and it will use that
location for other files and directories it normally creates in the
user's home directory. "

--
Jerry