search google with python

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Wed Jan 25 15:15:47 EST 2012

On 1/25/2012 8:38 AM, Jerry Hill wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Tracubik<affdfsdfdsfsd at b.com>  wrote:
>> thanks a lot but it say it's deprecated, is there a replacement? Anyway
>> it'll useful for me to study json, thanks :)
>
> I don't believe Google is particularly supportive of allowing
> third-parties (like us) to use their search infrastructure.  All of
> the search-related APIs they used to provide are slowly going away and
> not being replaced, as far as I can tell.

    True.  The Google SOAP API disappeared years ago.  The AJAX
search widget was very restrictive, and is now on end of life
(no new users).  "Google Custom Search" only lets you search
specific sites.

    The Bing API comes with limitations on what you can do with
the results.

    The Yahoo search API went away, replaced by the Yahoo BOSS
API. Then that was replaced by a pay-per-search interface.

    Bleeko has an API, but you have to ask to use it.

				John Nagle