PyWart: Python regular expression syntax is not intuitive.

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:28:27 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> In particular i find the "extension notation" syntax to be woefully
> inadequate. You should be able to infer the action of the extension
> syntax intuitively, simply from looking at its signature.

This is nice in theory. I see no reason to believe this is possible,
or that your syntax is closer to this ideal than the existing syntax.

Perhaps you should perform some experiments to prove intuitiveness?
Science is more convincing than insults.

Also, the "!" in negative assertions doesn't stand for "not equal" --
matches aren't equality. It stands for "not". It's the "=" that's a
misnomer.

-- Devin