The devolution of English language and slothful c.l.p behaviors exposed!

Jugurtha Hadjar jugurtha.hadjar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:28:48 EST 2012

I just came home. It is 01h19 AM here in Algiers (Algeria, North
Africa.. Not New Orleans) and I find this funny thread. Thank you, by
the way.

I started communicating in English about two years ago, mostly on human
sciences topics and was forced to articulate ideas and concepts in this
language. I speak several other languages and dialects (French, Kabyle,
Arabic and Algiers dialect which can't be understood by other people..
Although I understand no problem Syrian, Lebanese, Egyptian and other
dialects. Something about Algerian dialects that gets people confused)

Anyway, I've learned mostly by emulating others, remembering idioms and
expressions of everyday life. That and watching many movies (in English
instead of French), and switching my technical documentation to English.

I have been raised reading Antoine de Saint Exupéry, Alexandre Dumas,
Honoré de Balzac, Jules Verne, Jean Racine, Molière and many other great
writers. I am sincerely sorry if my English offends some purists, but I
am making efforts to write correctly, and making mistakes to learn. To
learn this and many other things... Things like Python. Which is why I
am on this list in the first place. Brilliant list, by the way.

Gentlemen, I wish you a good night.

--
~Jugurtha Hadjar,