Disable use of pyc file with no matching py file

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 31 06:56:27 EST 2012

Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmichel at sequans.com> writes:

> Terry Reedy wrote:
> > On 1/30/2012 4:30 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
> >> Is there some way to globally tell python, "Never import a .pyc
> >> unless the corresponding .py file exits"?
> >
> > Upgrade to 3.2.
> >
> No.

Terry's response was an answer to “Is there some way to [do what Roy
Smith asked how to do]?”. Are you saying that upgrading to Python 3.2
doesn't work for that?

--
 \        “Faith is belief without reason. I think as soon as you turn |
  `\          your back on reason, you turn your back on what makes us |