from future import pass_function

Rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 01:09:38 EDT 2012

Ulrich:
If you take a look at pep 3105 you find five rationales.
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3105/#rationale

If the first were the only one then your suggestion would have merit.
There are also the other 4 in which pass and print dont really
correspond.

Steven wrote earlier:
> I have an axe that has been passed down for generations through my
> family, from my father, his father before him, and his father, and his
> father before him. Occasionally we replace the handle, or put on a new
> head, but that axe is almost as good as the day my great-great-
> grandfather made it.

Yeah I see that you are always wielding your great-great-grandfather's
axe. As for example

On Jul 26, 7:38 am, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
> (Actually, I reckon that what is driving this idea is that the OP is a
> beginner, and he's got a syntax error a few times from writing "pass()",
> and so he thought it would be easier to force other people to change tens
> or hundreds of thousands of Python programs to use "pass()" instead of
> "pass" than to just learn to stop putting parentheses after it. I
> remember what it was like to be a beginner with six weeks experience in a
> twenty year old language, full of shiny new ideas for "improving" it.)

Do you sharpen it sometimes?