English version for Mémento Python 3 (draft, readers needed)

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:08:54 CEST 2012

On 6/6/2012 1:45 PM, MRAB wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 18:23, Jugurtha Hadjar wrote:
> [snip]
>> "range returns a « generator », convert it to list to see.." -->
>> "converts" instead of "convert".
> No, "convert" is correct here; it's the imperative, i.e. "convert it to
> a list if you want to see...".
>> "frequently used in for iterative loops" -->  .. I think it should be
>> "frequently used in "for" iterative loops" .. It is confusing if there
>> are no quotes, because "for" is a meaningful english word.. So
>> specifying you are talking about the reserved word would be nice.
>> "storage of data on disk, and read back" -->  maybe something like
>> "storing data on disk, and reading it back".
>> "memorisation" -->  "memorization" (most used spelling).
>> "initialisation" -->  "initialization"
> Some use "s", others use "z". As long as it's consistent, I wouldn't 
> worry too
> much about it.

American English is more common, but either is acceptable as long as
it's consistent.

CPython 3.3.0a3 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17790

More information about the Python-list mailing list