validating XML

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at
Thu Jun 14 10:20:10 CEST 2012

2012/6/13 Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at>

> andrea crotti, 13.06.2012 12:06:
> > Hello Python friends, I have to validate some xml files against some xsd
> > schema files, but I can't use any cool library as libxml unfortunately.
> Any reason for that? Because the canonical answer to your question would be
> lxml, which uses libxml2.
> Stefan
> --

Yes sure and I would perfectly agree with you, the more I look into this
taks the less I want to do it ;)

The reason is that it has to work on many platforms and without any c
module installed, the reason of that
I'm not sure yet but I'm not going to complain again...

Anyway in a sense it's also quite interesting, and I don't need to
implement the whole XML, so it should be fine.
What I haven't found yet is an explanation of a possible algorithm to use
for the validation, that I could then implement..