Question:Programming a game grid ...

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at
Thu Jun 28 06:39:38 CEST 2012

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:15:54 -0700, woooee wrote:

> "as vars() has not been declared and it does not appear to be valid
> Python syntax"
> You assume too much IMHO.  Vars() was not declared in the code provided
> and I do not think that we should be assuming that it is a function
> returning a dictionary instead of an error.  Just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

It's an ignorant opinion. vars is a built-in function, just like len, chr,
map, and many others.

Ignorance is not a sin, but willful ignorance is. I already gave the
links showing that vars is a built-in function, and you chose to ignore
them. Here they are again. Please take a few seconds to read at least one
of them, so that you will be a better programmer in the future and your
opinion will be less ignorant:

Python 2:
Python 3: