New Science Discovery: Perl Idiots Remain Idiots After A Decade!New Science Discovery: Perl Idiots Remain Idiots Af

Chiron chiron613 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:17:18 EST 2012

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:13:11 -0500, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

> In <DuD3r.21706$cL.12835 at newsfe17.iad>, on 03/01/2012
>    at 05:07 AM, Chiron <chiron613 at gmail.com> said:
>
>>Hmm... maybe, instead of just ridiculing him,
>
> I'm treating him as he treats others.

OK.

>>BTW, I happen to agree with you insofar as this poster not understanding
>> the nature of mathematics.  His comment reminds me of the article,
>>"Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of
>>Quantum Gravity"
>
> A brilliant piece of work. I greatly enjoyed it and the reaction to its
> disclosure.

What always gets me is how so many people criticized Sokal for doing it,
instead of soundly condemning the editor for not bothering to verify what
Sokal said.  It's like the kid points out that the emperor has no
clothes, so they shoot the kid.  Of course, in real life, that's exactly
what would happen, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...

--
It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly,
since it has no ears.