New Science Discovery: Perl Detractors Remain Idiots After A Decade!

Chiron chiron613 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:06:06 EST 2012

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:53:30 -0500, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

> In <OD44r.17949$vo2.12949 at newsfe07.iad>, on 03/02/2012
>    at 02:17 PM, Chiron <chiron613 at gmail.com> said:
>
>>What always gets me is how so many people criticized Sokal for doing it,
>
> Google for Omerta. It's common for whistle blowers to be chastised or
> even persecuted. I agree that the criticism of Prof Sokal was
> outrageous, but it was also predictable.

Yeah, omerta... I'm familiar with it.  Talk and you're dead, and they put
a canary in your mouth (well, some folks do, anyway).

But of course you're right - it's a milder form of omerta.  It's just so
misguided.  Kill the messenger.  Imprison the whistle-blower.

--
Imitation is the sincerest form of plagiarism.