Python - CGI-BIN - Apache Timeout Problem

Sean Cavanaugh (scavanau) scavanau at cisco.com
Fri Mar 2 16:43:11 EST 2012

Hey All,

So maybe this part is important (after doing some troubleshooting)  hopefully not everyone has beers in hand already since its Friday :-)

The way the code works if you want to send through the firewall (i.e.   SERVER->FIREWALL->SERVER)  I split the process into two threads.  One is listening on the egress, then I send on the ingress.  The main waits until the thread finishes (it times out after 2 seconds).  I had to do this b/c scapy (the library I used) won't let me send pcaps while I receive them.  This lets me see packets on both sides (i.e. did that sort of internet traffic go through the firewall).   The reason I think this could be a problem is when I ran a test where I sent to the firewall (rather than through it) and my program does not need to thread the webserver works fine......

Suggestions anyone?

-S