Error with co_filename when loading modules from zip file

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 05:38:50 EST 2012

On Mar 6, 2:40 am, Bob Rossi <b... at brasko.net> wrote:

> Darn it, this was reported in 2007
>  http://bugs.python.org/issue1180193
> and it was mentioned the logging package was effected.
>
> Yikes.

I will think about this, but don't expect any quick resolution :-( I
think the right fix would be not in the logging package, but in the
module loading machinery (as mentioned on that issue).

I wouldn't worry about the performance aspect - once the logging
package is loaded, there's no performance impact. That's a tiny one-
off hit which you will probably not notice at all.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip