newb __init__ inheritance

Colin J. Williams cjw at ncf.ca
Sat Mar 10 17:47:41 EST 2012

On 10/03/2012 12:58 PM, Colin J. Williams wrote:
> On 08/03/2012 10:25 AM, hyperboogie wrote:
>> Hello everyone.

[snip]
> main()
> I'm not sure that the class initialization is required.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Colin W.
When I wrote earlier, I wondered about the need for initialization.

With Version 2, both __new__ and __init__ were required, not in the
example below, using version 3.2:
#!/usr/bin/env python

class A():

   def ringA(self):
     print ('aaa')

   def ringB(self):
     print('bbb')

class B(A):
   def __init__(self:)
   def ringB(self):
     print('BBB')

a= A()
b= B()
b.ringB()
b.ringA()
b.__class__.mro()[0].ringB(22)   #  22 is used for the ringB attribute
                                  #  Trial and error shows that any
                                  #  non-Null,including None for the
                                  #  argument gives the same result
z= 1