Adopting ‘lockfile’

Ben Finney ben+python at
Tue Mar 13 23:37:39 CET 2012

Chris Withers <chris at> writes:

> On 03/03/2012 21:43, Ben Finney wrote:
> > I don't see a need to horse around with Git either :-) It's currently in
> > Subversion, right? Can you not export the VCS history from Google Code's
> > Subversion repository […]

> What's wrong with a "git svn clone svn-url-here" ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've imported it from Subversion into Bazaar
(my preferred DVCS), and it went smoothly.

I will proceed with a handover from Skip for maintenance of ‘lockfile’.

This will definitely need more people than me to maintain, though! I am
interested and motivated to work on the Linux platform, but other
platforms will suffer unless I get co-maintainers with experience in the
different file locking semantics there.

 \      “I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. |
  `\     But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take |
_o__)                                    it seriously.” —Douglas Adams |
Ben Finney