How to break long method name into more than one line?

Herman sorsorday at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:53:27 EDT 2012

I followed the rule because it was a very good advice. For example,
def test_plus_1Plus1_2(self):
If this test fails, you immediately know that it's testing the "plus"
method, with 1  and 1 as the arguments, and expect to return 2.
Sticking this rule also means your test cases are small enough, so you
clearly know what you are testing on. Most of the time, the method
name is what you first see when your test fails. Another alternative
is to put meaningful string in each of the assert, which is probably
not practical. You are right, only people who really follow the TDD
method know the good things about it. This naming rule served me very
well.

Tests method should have meaningful name, and the advice by the book
is a meaningful one. I said it's the TDD book because I forgot the
exact title. It's actually called Test Driven: TDD and Acceptance TDD
for Java Developers. I thought it should be popular enough that most
people learned TDD may have heard it also used this naming advice, but
look like i was wrong.