Python is readable

Kiuhnm kiuhnm03.4t.yahoo.it
Thu Mar 15 10:55:05 EDT 2012

On 3/15/2012 15:28, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 15/03/2012 14:19, Kiuhnm wrote:

>>> Nope.
>>>
>>> Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
>>> (Intel)] on win32
>>> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> File "<stdin>", line 1
>>> with open("filename", "w") as f
>>> ^
>>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>
>> Ok, so they're mandatory, but I was mainly talking of design. Why are
>> they needed?
>>
>> Kiuhnm
>
> http://docs.python.org/faq/design.html#why-are-colons-required-for-the-if-while-def-class-statements

The second one is slightly easier to read because it's
syntax-highlighted. Was that on purpose?
By the way, the more elaborate parsing consists of looking for an
END_OF_LINE followed by one or more spaces. It doesn't sound that
complicated.
And what about an editor which indent when you press the spacebar or tab?

Kiuhnm