Python is readable

Chris Angelico rosuav at
Thu Mar 15 15:29:12 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Kiuhnm
< at> wrote:
> Don't worry. Soon you'll be using C++0x :)))

I use gcc/g++ with most of the new features enabled. There's some
pretty handy features in it. Frankly, though, if I'd known about
Cython when I started the current project, I would have argued to
write it all in Python and Cify (is that a word?) the most
performance-critical sections afterwards, instead of writing it in
C++. It'd be a lot of hassle to change it now, but if anyone else is
looking at writing a large project in C "for performance", I would
strongly recommend writing in Python or Pike first. (Some day, I'm
going to have to actually try Cython. But I know enough of
embedding/extending Python to know that the technique would definitely
be viable, and Cython can only make it easier.)