Python simulate browser activity

choi2k rex.0510 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:23:41 EDT 2012

Hi, everyone

I am trying to write a small application using python but I am not
sure whether it is possible to do so..
The application aims to simulate user activity including visit a
website and perform some interactive actions (click on the menu,
submit a form, redirect to another pages...etc)
I have found some libraries / plugins which aims to simulate browser
activity but ... none of them support AJAX request and/or running
javascript.

Here is one of the simple tasks which I would like to do using the
application:
1. simulate the user activity, visit the website ("https://
www.abc.com")
2. find out the target element by id ("submitBtn") and simulate mouse
click on the item.
3. perform some javascript functions which invoked by click event from
step 2. ( the function is bind to the item by jquery)
4. post ajax request using javascript and if the page has been
redirected, load the new page content

Is it possible to do so?

Thank you in advance.