Python is readable

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 16 12:48:21 EDT 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:10:12 +0100, Kiuhnm wrote:

> Maybe we should define *exactly* what readability is (in less then 500
> lines, if possible).

If you can't be bothered to read my post before replying, save yourself
some more time and don't bother to reply at all.

I quote from the part of the my post you deleted:

    When people talk about readability, they normally mean to
    ask how much mental effort is needed to interpret the
    meaning of the text, not how much time does it take to
    pass your eyes over the characters. In other words they
    are actually talking about comprehensibility.

Unless I've made a mistake counting, that's less than 500 lines.

> According to your view, ASM code is more readable than Python code. It's
> just that there's more to read in ASM.

What a ridiculous misrepresentation of my position. Readability is not
proportional to length.

--
Steven