dpkg status

admin lewis adminlewis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 12:43:51 EDT 2012

2012/3/18 Vincent Vande Vyvre <vincent.vandevyvre at swing.be>:

> OK, you know apt, I see (your blog).
>
> But packages have no url, just repositery.
>
> I see your link python-apt, this doc is very minimalistic, maybe you can
> find repositeries infos of packages with aptsources.distinfo, but methods
> are not documented.
>
> http://apt.alioth.debian.org/python-apt-doc/library/aptsources.distinfo.html#module-aptsources.distinfo

Well no, I need something like the following:

import apt_pkg

tagf = apt_pkg.TagFile(open('/home/lightbox/status'))
for section in tagf:
	indirizzo="http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/"+section['Package'][0]+'/'+section['Package']+'/'+section['Package']+'_'+section['Version']+'_'+section['Architecture']+'.deb'+'\n'
	print indirizzo

with the following output:
http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/t/texlive-lang-all/texlive-lang-all_2009-3_all.deb
http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse/xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse_1:12.7.0-2_i386.deb
http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/libmono-system-data4.0-cil/libmono-system-data4.0-cil_2.10.5-1_all.deb

but the best sould be that the script make the download of deb automatically..
infact if u see the output u will see that is not correct.. because the section
texlive-lang-all doesn't exist and the correct one is texlive-lang
I dont know if i have to connect to the cache of apt or simply i need
of source.list..
thanks for any help
luigi

P.S. the /home/lightbox/status is a partial file of /var/lib/dpkg/status

--
Linux Server, Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server, Exchange 2007
http://predellino.blogspot.com/