Best way to disconnect from ldap?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Mar 22 13:54:29 EDT 2012

On 03/22/12 12:26, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:14:47 -0500, Tycho Andersen wrote:
>> Given that you can't trust __del__, is there a legitimate
>> use case for it?
>
> I've never found the need to write one.

I've found the need to write them...then been frustrated by
things falling out of namespace reach, and found that context
managers do a much more reliable/understandable job, saving what
little sanity I had left. ;-)

So I'd say that __del__ was really only useful (for some sick,
sick definition of "useful") in versions of Python before
context-managers were readily available.

-tkc