ANN: Leo 4.10 b1 released
Edward K. Ream
edreamleo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:48:06 CET 2012
Leo 4.10 b1 is now available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/files/
Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more.
Leo 4.10 contains 9 months of intense work on Leo. Several very
features are subtle; you could almost call them Easter Eggs, so please
the following notes carefully.
The highlights of Leo 4.10:
* Dozens of new and improved features and commands, including...
- Tab completion now shows all @command & @button nodes.
- Leo tabs may be detached from the main window.
- The Open With menu now works.
- The leoInspect module answers questions about Python code.
- Leo can highlight the pane containing the focus.
- The bigdash plugin searches across multiple files.
- Improved abbreviation capabilities.
- Improved handling of URL's.
- Improved editing of non-Leo files.
- Improvements create "weightless" unit testing.
* Easier installation on MacOS.
* Fixed almost 70 bugs.
The Easter Eggs
1. Tab completion now shows all @command & @button nodes.
Put all your common scripts in @command nodes in myLeoSettings.leo.
Typing <Alt-X>@c<Tab> will remind you of the names of these scripts.
You can execute the scripts by name without the "@command-" prefix.
2. Improved abbreviation capabilities.
Virtually any kind of abbreviation is possible. For example, ~a to ã.
3. Improved handling of URL's.
URL's can link to other Leo outlines. Ctrl-Click on nodes or URL's
in body text to activate the URL.
4 Weightless unit testing.
The mantra is edit, alt-4 (run-marked-unit-tests-externally), edit,
alt-4,... Several seemingly innocuous changes made this work without
"friction". The result is a remarkable increase in productivity.
More information about the Python-list