Tools for refactoring/obfuscation

Vladimir Ignatov kmisoft at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:51:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

(sorry for replying to the old topic)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Javier <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:
> I am looking for an automated tool for refactoring/obfuscation.
> Something that changes names of functions, variables, or which would
> merge all the functions of various modules in a single module.
> The closest I have seen is http://bicyclerepair.sourceforge.net/
>
> Does somebody know of something that can work from the command line or
> simple data structures/text files?, like a python dictionary of functions
> {"old":"new",...}

I am not surprised what nobody answers. I think that such tool is
nearly impossible given the dynamic Python's nature.
But if you put little discipline/restrictions in your source code,
when doing obfuscation could be much more easier. Almost trivial I
would say.

Javier, you can contact me directly if you are interested in this topic.

Vladimir Ignatov
kmisoft at gmail com