Advise of programming one of my first programs

Anatoli Hristov tolidtm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:55:32 EDT 2012

Thank you Ramit for your advice`s. I`m reading a book ( Learning Python,
Second Edition ) by Mark Lutz and David Ascher and now I just finished the
Basic Function lesson :) I will keep in mind what you have advised me, but
will implement it later when I have more experience with the book, because
I don`t understand exactly what you mean by doing all dose changes :)
By the way I dont know why your mail was in my junk I just saw it.

And here is my last code I did for the phonebook:
Thanks

####### CODE #########

fileread = open('myfile.txt','r')
tbook = eval(fileread.read())
fileread.close()

## Edit selected nickname
def edit():
    sb = tbook[select]
    fn = raw_input('New name for ' + sb[0] + ' : ')
    sb[0] = fn
    ln = raw_input('New name for ' + sb[1] + ' : ')
    sb[1] = ln
    filewrite = open('myfile.txt','w')
    filewrite.write(str(tbook))
    filewrite.close()
    raw_input('\n\n\nPress <Enter> to return')
    details()

## Details of nickname
def details():
        sb = tbook[select]
        print 'Nickname: ', select, ' is selected\n'
        print 'First name:\t', sb[0], '\n'
        print 'Last name:\t', sb[1], '\n'
        print 'Country:\t', sb[2], '\n'
        print 'City:\t\t', sb[3], '\n'
        print 'Phone number:\t',sb[4], '\n'
        print 'Memos:\n'
        print sb[5]

        print '\n\n(E)dit\n\n'
        print '(B)ack to phonebook list\n\n'
        menu = raw_input('What you wana do? ')
        if menu == 'e' or 'E':
                edit()
        if menu == 'b' or 'B':
            listpb()

## Select nickname
def selectm():
    global select
    select = raw_input('Type nickname and press <Enter>: ')
    if select == '':
        listpb()
    if select in tbook:
        details()
    else:
        listpb()

## List all contacts
def listpb():
    print '_' *45, ' Phonebook ', '_' *45,'\n\n\n'

    print 'Nick\t\tF.Name\t\tL.Name\t\tCity\t\t\tRegion\t\tTel'
    print '_' * 105,'\n','\t' * 13
    for val in tbook.keys():
            print val, '\t\t', tbook[val][0], '\t', tbook[val][1], '\t',
tbook[val][2], '\t\t', tbook[val][3], '\t\t', tbook[val][4],'\t\t\n'
    print '_'*105,'\n\n'
    selectm()

## Call list names
listpb()