"convert" string to bytes without changing data (encoding)

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 28 23:04:08 EDT 2012

Evan Driscoll  <driscoll at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>People like you -- who write to assumptions which are not even remotely
>guaranteed by the spec -- are part of the reason software sucks.
>This email is a bit harsher than it deserves -- but I feel not by much.

I don't see how you could feel the least bit justified.  Well meaning,
if unhelpful, lies about the nature Python strings in order to try to
convince someone to follow what you think are good programming practices
is one thing.  Maliciously lying about someone else's code that you've
never seen is another thing entirely.

						Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU