Python is readable

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:13:46 EDT 2012

On 3/15/12 2:55 PM, Kiuhnm wrote:
> On 3/15/2012 15:28, Tim Golden wrote:

>> http://docs.python.org/faq/design.html#why-are-colons-required-for-the-if-while-def-class-statements
>
> The second one is slightly easier to read because it's syntax-highlighted. Was
> that on purpose?

No, it's an unintended side effect. The (automated) syntax highlighting was
added to the FAQ much, much later than that entry was written. The syntax
highlighting tool does not recognize the first example as Python, so it does not
apply Python syntax highlighting to it.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."