Slow termination of process

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:55:48 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Roland Hedberg <roland at catalogix.se> wrote:
> When the main script is done it closes down the HTTP server by doing:
>
>    op.terminate()
>
> The problem I have is that if the main script is run again almost immediate then the old HTTP server
> process doesn't seem to have released the port yet. So setting up a new server fails.

You may wish to consider a more orderly shutdown (send the server a
signal upon which it shuts itself down), but the simplest and most
direct solution is to set the SO_REUSEADDR flag.

http://docs.python.org/library/socket.html?highlight=so_reuseaddr

I've not actually used the TCPServer class myself, but a cursory
glance at the docs suggests that it's possible if you subclass it:

http://docs.python.org/library/socketserver.html#SocketServer.BaseServer.allow_reuse_address

Chris Angelico