Create directories and modify files with Python

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-razorvine.net
Tue May 1 19:26:46 EDT 2012

On 1-5-2012 12:51, deltaquattro at gmail.com wrote:
>> But if you really want to go this way (and hey, why not) then first
>> you'll have to learn some basic Python. A good resource for this
>> might be: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/
>
> Ehm...name's not exactly inspiring for a newbie who's short on time
> :)

It's just a name. That resource is generally regarded as one of the
better books to learn Python for total beginners.

If you can program already in another language, the standard Python
tutorial might be more efficient to start from:
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

> Thanks for the directions. By the way, can you see my post in Google
> Groups? I'm not able to, and I don't know why.

I don't use Google groups. I much prefer a proper news agent to read my
usenet newsgroups.

Irmen