How would I go about building an API converter?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 05:19:43 EDT 2012

I have multiple different APIs with different schemas serialised in XML or
JSON which I need to output as a standardised schema.

Main features needed:

   - *Serialisation to XML and JSON*
   - *Authentication*
      - I.e.: can't get/set data unless you have the correct user+pass
   - *Role/Scope limitation*
      - I.e.: you can't access everything in our database, only what your
      role allows for
   - *Get/set (conversion) between different schemas*
      - I.e.: No matter the input API, you can get it formatted in
      whichever output API you request

Is this the sort of problem Slumber <http://slumber.in/> with
TastyPie<http://tastypieapi.org/>would be best for?

Or are there a different libraries you'd recommend?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor