John Carmack glorifying functional programing in 3k words

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed May 2 12:57:13 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2 May 2012, Tim Wintle wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 17:31 +0200, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> > positive aura drives more people and more permamently towards you. Perhaps he should
> > develop an alter ego that could stand side by side with Dalai Lama and see
> > which one gets more attention.
>
> Really?
>
> <http://www.google.com/trends/?q=bin+laden,dalai
> +lama&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0>
>
> If all you want is attention then "being nice" doesn't seem to be the
> best option.
>
> (of course if you want any respect...)

Okay, I should have given the idea a second thought. OTOH, see for
yourself:

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=xah+lee,dalai+lama&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Esp. "xah lee does not have enough search volume for ranking"...

For me, the conclusion is simple. If he wants to achieve anything, he
should mimic Dalai Lama first and only after becoming comparable to the
guy, if he's still dissatisfied, only then he should follow OBL. But by
all means he should stop being himself. If becoming DL-like is too hard (I
believe it is), he might find something even easier, like Miyamoto
Musashi, a sword/Zen master.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=miyamoto+musashi,+dalai+lama&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Regards,
Tomasz Rola