Workshop on Design Patterns and Advanced OOPS, Bangalore

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 7 12:49:28 EDT 2012

On 5/7/2012 6:23 AM, Exam Aya wrote:

> For anyone working on object oriented programing languages like C++,
> Java, C#, Python, PHP, etc. this workshop is a must. It goes through
> the set of design patterns that started it all - Go4 - (Gang of 4)
> patterns. The workshop will very interactive and each design pattern
> will be explored rather than taught or lectured on. A problem
> statement will be provided and the group will move towards why the
> design pattern is required.

I hope someone who really knows Python attends, so people can discover
how easy some of the patterns are in Python, which does not have the
straightjacket of statically typed names. For instance, heterogeneous
sets and lists, used for instance for composites consisting of items and
sub-composites, are part of Python rather than a tricky add-on.

> Course Contents (Day 1)
>
> 1. The Pit Falls of OOPS
> - Refresher on OOPS
> - When does OOPS get confusing
>
> 2. Design Pattern Intro
> - What are Design Patterns
> - What are its uses and applications
>
> 3. Design Patterns
> - Strategy Pattern
> - Observer Pattern
>

> Course Contents (Day 1)
> - Decorator Pattern
> - Factory Pattern
> - Singleton Pattern
> - Command Pattern
> - Adapter Pattern
> - Facade Pattern
> - Template Pattern
> - Iterator Pattern
> - Composite Pattern
> - State Pattern
>

> Time : 09:30 am to 05:30 pm
>
> Venue:
>
> 1910, 8th A Cross (road connects 4th Main and 6th Main), HAL 3rd Stage
> (New Thippasandira), Bangalore - 75

If I lived in Bangalore, I might attend. This announcement is, however,
a bit OT for this list. On the other hand, it is encouraging that Python
is now routinely listed as a major language in such things. Not so when
I learned it 16 years ago ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy