Alternative to subprocess in order to not wait for calling commands to complete

ks gridsngators at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:07:39 EDT 2012

Hi All,

>From within one Python program, I would like to invoke three other
Python programs. Usually I would use the subprocess module to invoke
these sequentially. I now have a use case in which I must invoke the
first one (not wait for it to complete), then invoke the second
(similarly not wait for it to complete) and then go on to the third.

I am not sure where I should start looking to be able to do this. I am
reading about threads and forking and there are many options out
there. So I was wondering if anyone might have suggestions on where I
can start.

Any hints/references would be very helpful!

Thank you,
ks