Problem with time.time() standing still

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Thu May 10 18:10:42 EDT 2012

Hi Roel

"Our problem turned out to be caused by a loss of precision in an
application of ours, caused by Direct3D. The solution for us was to
include the flag D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE in CreateDevice(). The
documentation seems to imply that the lower precision only has effect in
the Direct3D code, but in reality it lowers precision in the rest of the
code too (the whole process or the whole thread, I'm not sure). "

That is spot on and very likely the cause. Thanks very much for
responding. I do have some control over the vendor and have passed that
information on to them. Hopefully they will investigate and fix the problem.

Bob