Open Source: you're doing it wrong - the Pyjamas hijack

Adrian Hunt cyborgv2 at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 20:04:51 EDT 2012

Hi there,

Yes, it's very messy by what I understand and is why Merlio never had it's judgements enforced. Although, employment contracts that were in place at the time (including mine), were declared null and void...   I think it was something like: if a programmer has an idea and uses it within an employers project then the employer has a legal claim to that implementation but not to the original idea. And, a contract that claims IP rights would stop a developer from ever working again as a programmer: this again, being illegal and making the contract null and void.  With internationalization, the problem is compounded as different countries have different laws.

Since my days at Merlio, I have managed to avoid singing any contract that claims IP and I have worked for some large international companies (from within the UK.)