Open Source: you're doing it wrong - the Pyjamas hijack

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:46:33 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Adrian Hunt <cyborgv2 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> lol, Cheers Chris.
>
> Just so you know, I care about what and how I write... I almost always run
> my emails though a word-processor before sending. And, that has paid off for
> me: thanks to MS Word, MS Works and Open Office, I have better understanding
> of "correct" punctuation use (if not spelling and grammar) than most school
> leavers!!!

Absolutely. Taking care puts you miles ahead of the average
(unfortunately for the average). I was home educated, and taught to
value correctness, so I tend to speak and write more carefully than
most do (people say I sound British for some reason - my accent
doesn't sound Australian). That's why I tend to do a lot (note, not
"alot", though the cute drawings are fun) of copyediting.

> PS. It hasn't gone a miss that you are one of the core python-list
> responders (and I bet this goes for most of the python-list users): your

Thanks! I'm just a guy who types fast, mainly; but I've been coding
for about twenty years, and I'm always happy to help people. But this
list is more for me to learn than for me to share. I've learned no end
of things from these threads - it's awesome!

ChrisA