Sharing Data in Python

raunakgup90 at gmail.com raunakgup90 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:41:31 EDT 2012

I have some Pickled data, which is stored on disk, and it is about 100 MB in size.

When my python program is executed, the picked data is loaded using the cPickle module, and all that works fine.

If I execute the python multiple times using python main.py for example, each python process will load the same data multiple times, which is the correct behaviour.

How can I make it so, all new python process share this data, so it is only loaded a single time into memory?

asked the same question on SO, but could not get any constructive responses.. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10550870/sharing-data-in-python/10551845