How to call and execute C code in Python?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon May 14 02:50:31 EDT 2012

Devin Jeanpierre, 14.05.2012 01:19:
> Now if only my editor would bold those "cdef"s... :)

Cython syntax support in editors is definitely not ubiquitous, but it's
getting more and more widespread, so you may be lucky at some point (or
find a way to add it yourself). Pygments also does a pretty good job on it
for documentation and talk slides, but what I find really cool is that even
major IDEs have started to pick it up, namely WingIDE, PyCharm (Jetbrains)
and PyDev (Eclipse). From the PyCharm developers, I heard that it was one
of the most heavily requested features for them, and they got it pretty
much right (didn't try the others).

Stefan