Proper place for everything
steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 2 23:12:21 CET 2012
On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:51:29 -0700, Jason Benjamin wrote:
> On another note, it appears that Google (the only archive I can find for
> this group) only has a little under 400 messages archived for this
Google Groups is poison. If you post with it, you will be ignored by a
large percentage of the regulars here.
Good options are:
- Use the official email mailing list instead of news:
Do yourself (and us) a HUGE favour and use regular mail, not daily
- If you prefer Usenet, and your ISP gives you access to comp.lang.python,
- If not, there are many cheap Usenet providers you can try.
- Try http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general
Bad options are:
- Absolutely anything to do with Google Groups. It's a crap user-
interface, posts don't follow established standards for email and news,
and Google requires you to sign in just to read the archives, which in
my opinion is morally indefensible.
More information about the Python-list