Proper place for everything

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at
Fri Nov 2 23:12:21 CET 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:51:29 -0700, Jason Benjamin wrote:

> On another note, it appears that Google (the only archive I can find for
> this group) only has a little under 400 messages archived for this
> group,

Google Groups is poison. If you post with it, you will be ignored by a
large percentage of the regulars here.

Good options are:

- Use the official email mailing list instead of news:

  Do yourself (and us) a HUGE favour and use regular mail, not daily

- If you prefer Usenet, and your ISP gives you access to comp.lang.python,
  use that.

- If not, there are many cheap Usenet providers you can try.

- Try

Bad options are:

- Absolutely anything to do with Google Groups. It's a crap user-
  interface, posts don't follow established standards for email and news,
  and Google requires you to sign in just to read the archives, which in
  my opinion is morally indefensible.