How to install libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel in Windows ?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at
Sun Nov 11 08:54:01 CET 2012

goldtech, 10.11.2012 18:12:
> I have Windows XP and Python 2.7.x
> I download and install libxml2-python-2.7.7.win32-py2.7.exe, From
> here:
> This file has both libxml2 AND libxslt.
> But, I also need libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel for python 2.7. Are
> binaries for win32 available for that?
> How do I to get these devel files? In Ubuntu fro example this is all
> in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
> Windows...

Assuming that you are actually looking for lxml rather than the plain
libxml2/libxslt Python bindings and seeing that you don't fear installing
software from arbitrary web pages, you should try this binary installer: