Lazy Attribute

Stefan H. Holek stefan at
Fri Nov 16 11:41:50 CET 2012

On 15.11.2012, at 20:33, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:

> A lazy attribute is an attribute that is calculated on demand and only once.
> The post below shows how you can use lazy attribute in your Python class:
> Comments or suggestions are welcome.

There is a ready made and well tested lazy decorator at I even has a better name. ;-)

Since people seem to come up with their own implementations on a bi-weekly basis, I am seriously wondering how to improve its visibility. Putting it on PyPI alone does not cut it, apparently.

Stefan H. Holek
stefan at