Python Script for Colorizing Traceroute Output (apologies for top-post)

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at
Sun Nov 18 02:18:39 CET 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:00:10 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> I've never used the program, though, so I have no idea how good it is.
> All I've done is download the tar.gz and glance over a few bits (the
> licence, mainly - which is mostly-GPL).

"Mostly" GPL? You mean "not GPL".

I really wish people wouldn't invent their own licences. It adds
complexity and confusion to the licencing space. Unless you're a lawyer,
and sometimes even if you are a lawyer, any modification you make to an
established licence could be invalid, or possibly even invalidate the
entire licence.

Licence proliferation hurts us all. Just say No.