Choosing Source Address to Bind Socket to in IMAP Client

Chris Angelico rosuav at
Tue Nov 20 22:47:55 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM,  <brintoul at> wrote:
> Hello:
> I have a multihomed machine that I would like to run the Python imaplib's IMAP4 client on.  I would like to be able to specify which interface the underlying socket will bind to as its source address.  How could I best do this?

You're referring to this function?

The docs suggest that you can simply pass it a parameter to specify
the address to bind to. (Note that you bind to addresses, not
interfaces. Figuring out which interface has which address is a
separate issue.)