Is it bad style to override the built-in function `type`?

Cameron Simpson cs at
Sat Nov 24 23:47:15 CET 2012

On 24Nov2012 14:32, Michael Herrmann <michael.herrmann at> wrote:
| how about "write" instead of "type"? Just came to me in a flash of inspiration. I know it's also pretty general but at least it's not a built-in!

Cameron Simpson <cs at>

Cars making a sudden U-turn are the most dangerous.  They may cut you off
entirely, blocking the whole roadway and leaving you no place to go.
        - MSF Motorcycle Operator Manual, sixth rev. 1991, page 21