SQLAlchemy: How to do Table Reflection and MySQL?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Oct 20 19:24:16 EDT 2012

Hi, I'm fairly new to Python, and I'm trying to figure out how to use
SQLAlchemy to connect to a MySQL DB and use table reflection to set up
SQLAlchemy's tables. But the  SQLAlchemy documentation is gigantic and
frankly kinda making my head spin, so I'm having trouble even finding
any information on how to use its table reflection, mostly just that it
exists and *can* be done, but not so much "how". My web searching has
just been turning up examples of SQLite and manually describing the
tables in Python and having SQLAlchemy create the tables, which isn't
what I'm looking for.

Is there a simple way to do this somehow? To just connect to a MySQL DB
and use table reflection?