[Gimp-user] export to non xcf

F.R. anthra.norell at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 29 03:38:25 EDT 2012

On 10/28/2012 09:09 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>> Von: Donald Miller <damiller2 at gmail.com>
>> Can't directly save to jpg, so exported.
>> Export to jpg made png. Same for psd.
>> Shouldn't name track chosen format, so no manual override needed?
> Maybe you had set the file-type chooser to this format?
> The default "By extension" should do what you want, any other value is for special cases like you've discovered, like ambiguous file name extensions.
>

> Regards,
> Michael
I am contending with a similar malfunction: I can export by extension,
but when done Gimp closes. The exported file exists, but I need to
restart Gimp after every export. No loss of capability, but annoying.

Judging by the flood of Gimp-related posts of late and the great variety
of the issues raised, there seem to be major stability or environmental
compatibility problems. I am running Gimp 2.6.12 on Ubunty 12.04.
I found a Gimp user list
(https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list) and intend to
check it out the moment I get around to it.

Frederic