python CAD libraries?

david dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:28:28 EDT 2012

> Thank you. But this is for 2D.

    3-d is just manipulating what's shown in x/y points(and not as easy as it sounds) .

    I went with cartesian coordinate, a 360x360 canvas(with 90x90 degree view port), and a little trig for front/back/left/right/up/down, and amplitude or z distance for my first attempt, with a few others that locked a center of an object,and held point rotation, and now porting it into the Blender game engine.

I've used maya(I think that was the name), and matplotlib, but Blender.org(open source) is great for 3d rendering/game engine, etc, and has a nice python API, with great tutorials everywhere.

If you checkout my homepage in my sig, you can see a roughdraft of somethings I was working on for it.

I'd say go with an earlier version(more tuts/examples), but they put them out pretty quick, so 2.6 my be best to start with, and it uses python 3.x.

    --
    Best Regards,
    David Hutto