python2.7 lack necessary bit to build module

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Thu Sep 13 07:43:15 EDT 2012

Am 13.09.2012 10:47, schrieb 钟驰宇:
> I'm in ubuntu10.04 and I decide to compile python2.7 from source
> [...] However when I run my GAE app,it comes out with no module
> named _ssl and _sqlite3.

There are Debian-specific ways to ease this task that should work in
Ubuntu, too. First is "apt-get build-dep", which will install all
libraries that are needed to build Python as it was built by the
distributor. The second is "apt-get source" and more specifically the
file debian/rules within the unpacked sources then, which contains the
command line that is used to configure the according package. Note that
using dpkg-buildpackage you could even build customized Debian packages,
in case you want to replace the system Python.

Uli