Article on the future of Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:51:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 26/09/2012 14:31, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
>

>> PS: Anyone know if rantingrik had relatives? ;)
>>

> I say steady on old chap that's just not cricket.  I've been known to have a
> go at rr in the past for good reasons, but when he gets stuck into Tkinter
> he is an extremely useful contributor.  I certainly prefer him to Xah Lee,
> who's attempts at improving Python documentation were beautifully torn to
> pieces here, IIRC by Ethan Furman, apologies to him and the actual author if
> I'm incorrect.

You know how people sometimes ask "What sort of idiot do you think I
am??!?", thus falling foul of the sage advice "Never test for an error
condition you don't know how to handle" [1]... well, on this list, it
makes good sense to ask what sort of troll someone is. We even have
Troll Rankings in which there's very definite striations of "useful
contributors who sometimes troll", "useless people who nevertheless
trigger interesting threads", and "utterly useless flamers". Troll
taxonomy is a science we could all benefit from studying...

ChrisA

[1] eg http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/24/bofh_2008_episode_34/